Team Leader – Land Use Planning / Aménagement du territoire – GFA Consulting Group – Cameroon
Description du Poste
Job Opportunity Team Leader – Land Use Planning / Aménagement du territoire
Project Status: Prequalification
Project Title: Development of regional territorial planning and sustainable Development Plan of SWR, Cameroon
Period of Project: Around July 2018 – July 2019
Duration of assignment: 12 months
Duty Station: South West Region Cameroon
Job Code: AFR-CMR17KfW0147
The overall objective of the expected initiative will be to support the Ministry of Economy, Planning and Regional Development to develop territorial planning and sustainable development plans for the South-West Region in Cameroon within the framework of the national territorial sustainable development plan.
The initiative will revolve around the execution of multiple studies, the analysis of the current state and elaboration of a number of planning and strategy documents for relevant land use, including but not limited to e.g. natural resources, infrastructure, industries, soil degradation, agriculture, mining, water and sanitation and waste management, etc. while considering the pressure on protected areas and the opportunities and threats of the transboundary interactions of the South-West Region.
Outputs should be among others the production of the South-West Regional indicative zoning plan and the determination of strategic objectives and a five-year action plan. The study will in-clude a significant component of drawing up of cartographic documents.
The Team Leader will be responsible for the following tasks:
• timely attainment of all project results, to be achieved through the professional implementation, coordination, technical and financial management and reporting;
• developing and supervising the Project Team, including national and international short term experts;
• fulfilling financial management tasks in a timely and professional manner including all the reporting requirements under the project according to the procedures of the donor;
• liaison with the local donor representatives, the beneficiaries, partners, key stakeholders and other interested stakeholders (national and international), and fulfill the role of prima-ry point of contact;
• ensuring preparation and issuing of all deliverables as defined through project activities;
• provision of technical support to the project on land use and development planning, de-pendent on his/her specific field of expertise;
• identifying needs for short term missions, the development of the ToR’s and supervising finalization and quality of expert products;
• playing the lead role in carrying out all activities and submitting all outputs, including of the inception phase and finalization workshops.
Qualifications and professional experience:
• A Master degree or PhD, or equivalent in regional planning, development planning, eco-nomics or another directly related discipline;
• Specific trainings and many years working experience in the areas of land use planning, territorial management, rural development, and/or economics of rural development, de-velopment studies, public policy, administration reform;
• Proven skills in management, supervisory/mentoring and leadership of multi-stakeholder projects;
• hands-on approach in working with public authorities on regional and national level, and strong diplomatic, coaching and inter-personal skills are essential;
• Written and spoken fluency in French and English;
• At least 15 years of general professional experience in developing countries;
• At least 5 years of experience as team leader;
• At least 5 years of experience in the implementation and management of cooperation programs/projects, in support to public sector/national authorities in developing countries;
• At least 5 years of experience in developing, implementing, coordinating program of ca-pacity /institution building for Government counterparts, preferably in francophone Africa;
• At least 5 years of professional experience with donor-funded projects; specific knowledge of German Financial Cooperation (management procedures, reporting, etc);
• Professional experience in West Africa / Central Africa or preferably Cameroon;
• Experience in geographical information systems, is an asset.
Comment postulerApplications and updated CV should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
In your request, indicate that you found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
181 vues totales, 1 aujourd'hui
Postuler à cette annonce
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez trouvé cette offre d'emploi sur Imaginafrica.net (le job board de l'Afrique).