Team Leader (MIPHP) – Palladium Group – Malawi
- Lilongwe, Central Region, Malawi
- Catégorie de l'Offre: Administration
- Date de l'offre:4 Oct 2017
- Annonce expire dans: 14 jours
- Partager l'annonce:
Description du Poste
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status. The UK Department for International Development (DFID) is launching a new programme in Malawi, designed to increase adoption of beneficial health behaviours and uptake of health products and services through a broad-based behaviour change and communications initiative. The programme covers Nutrition; Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR). The programme will have a broad geographical reach, covering both urban and rural areas
The Team Leader (TL) will oversee the programme’s implementation on the ground heading a team of international and national experts and operational staff. The TL will lead the programme planning and implementation, provide technical and operational oversight and manage key relationships.
The TL is expected to:
* Lead on programme planning, budgeting and reporting to meet both Palladium and DFID requirements. This includes regular (quarterly and annual) reports as well as ad-hoc queries from the donor.
* Provide strategic, policy and technical guidance to implementing partners to ensure high quality and consistent delivery of all programme activities across the different districts.
* Monitor progress and ensure that milestones, outputs and outcomes are met and demonstrate value for money.
* Lead on capacity building activities and technical assistance to partners, government counterparts (MoH) and relevant stakeholders at all levels.
* Maintain effective relationships and regular communication with DFID, consortium partners, MoH at central and district levels as well as other government, donor, implementing partner and private sector stakeholders.
* Represent Palladium and the MIPHP programme in high-level interactions with donors and government, media and other stakeholders.
* Oversee financial management and reporting, risk management, planning, performance and delivery of value for money
* Oversee the development and dissemination of programme lessons learned.
* Oversee recruitment and performance management of MIPHP staff.
* Master’s degree in a relevant health, social sciences or business discipline.
* Ten years of experience of acting in leadership roles in similar large health programmes in sub-Saharan Africa working with DFID or another large donor.
* Ten years of experience in consortium management
* Demonstrable ability to work collaboratively with other donors and international organisations.
* Extensive experience of behaviour change and prevention programmes and integrated health programmes covering 2-3 of the MIPHP thematic areas (WASH, nutrition, sexual and reproductive health and rights)
* Demonstrable experience leading an international and multidisciplinary team of highly skilled staff.
* Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to represent the programme at highest levels; build and manage relationships and negotiate with the government, donors and other senior stakeholders.
* Acquaintance with donor funds with experience in overseeing grantees and sub-grantees
* Familiarity with the current social, political and economic context in Malawi including at the decentralised levels
* Ability to work effectively under pressure and manage competing priorities;
* Excellent written and spoken English and ability to communicate across technical disciplines and non-technical audience. Knowledge of Chichewa is a significant advantage.
* Malawian citizens are encouraged to apply.
Comment postulerClick here to apply
In your request, indicate that you have found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
56 vues totales, 1 aujourd'hui