West Africa Regional Representative – PSI Population Services International – Cote d’Ivoire
- Abidjan, Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
- Catégorie de l'Offre: Management de programme
- Date de l'offre:5 Fév 2018
- Annonce expire dans: 7 jours
- Partager l'annonce:
Description du Poste
Title: West Africa Regional Representative
Department: West and Central Africa
Based in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Up to 30 % international travel
Reports to the Regional Director, WCA
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI is looking for a West Africa Regional Representative to help us to successfully oversee regional FP/RH programming in West African and operationalize a regional approach to operations. Other technical areas such as WASH, malaria and Primary Health Care may be added as our regional approach evolves. This position will report to the WCA Regional Director, and also to the Family Planning/Reproductive Health Director on specific areas.
We are looking for someone who has a proven track record managing country-level operations and coordinating activities, staff and stakeholders across multiple countries. Expertise in family planning, safe abortion and other health areas relevant to the region is also necessary. Knowledge of and experience in West and Central Africa is crucial.
For the right candidate, this position offers an exciting opportunity to help reshape the way in which PSI implements and manages FP/RH and other programs in the region. You will play a lead role in helping PSI further contribute to Ouagadougou Partnership and FP2020 objectives.
Sound like you? Read on.
You will be responsible for management (financial, administrative, and programmatic) of regional FP/RH programs, and responsible for identifying and operationalizing more streamlined regional approaches and operations for FP/RH programming. This includes, but is not limited to:
• Oversight of regional FP/RH projects, including achievements of program deliverables and targets and spending, with the potential of managing regional projects in other health areas;
• Identification of operational opportunities to harmonize or regionalize approaches to program design and implementation;
• Development of a regional strategic plan in line with corporate strategic plans and health area priorities.
• Fundraising for existing and new activities in line with strategic priorities including user-centric approaches to contraception and safe abortion;
• External relations and positioning of PSI with multiple donors, government, NGO, and commercial entities;
• Provides technical assessment and recommended strategies to incorporate innovative interventions in the project design and implementation, including integration of innovative approaches and different partners.
• Coordinates and communicates regularly with country programs, Regional Support teams and FP/RH Department as well as other PSI global departments.
What are we looking for?
• Minimum 8 years of relevant experience; with minimum five years of management experience in a developing country;
• Relevant post-graduate degree (MBA, MIA, MPH, etc.) or equivalent experience;
• Significant fundraising, personnel, operational and financial management experience preferably in West Africa, with a technical background in family planning and reproductive health;
• Demonstrated strengths in strategic organizational leadership;
• Proven ability to develop and mentor staff;
• Familiarity with the international donor community;
• Experience working in fragile states and/or situations of political sensitivity.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and French are required.
What would get us excited?
• International Field Experience. You have field experience in managing family planning and reproductive health programs in West Africa. Experience managing at the regional level and with other health areas would be a bonus.
• Strategic Thinker. You can see where the reproductive health field is going in the next 5-10 years and what is needed to be a thought leader in the field.
• Able to produce results in a matrix management structure. You can work productively with key staff in the region even though you don’t supervise them.
• Operational Expertise: You enjoy identifying operational efficiencies and streamlining systems and operations.
• Creativity. You’re able to tackle questions and problems from a different angle and are flexible in your approach.
• Strong Communicator: You communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff along a variety of learning curves and needs.
• Team Player: You know how to connect several diverse groups of people in order to get things done
• Self-Starter: You are not afraid to jump in from the start and get your hands dirty with minimal direction
*Due to high volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted. Curious about your status? Please log into your iCIMS account to find out.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
Comment postulerClick here
In your request, indicate that you found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
107 vues totales, 13 aujourd'hui